Summit Police Department Mission Statement
The Village of Summit Police Department is a professional department. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our community and the citizens that we serve. Our mission is to protect life and property, to prevent crime, and to enforce all laws. We also strive to be fair and to provide equal service to all citizens.
Police Department Values
- Human Life: We reserve life and dignity above all else.
- Fairness: We will strive to be fair in all our actions.
- Courage: We will strive to be courageous in handling all situations that arise.
- Compassion: We will show empathy and caring for victims of all complaints.
- Responsiveness: We will be responsive to the needs of the community, working together to solve problems of mutual concern.
- Cooperation: We believe that cooperation among ourselves, members of the community, and other department is essential.
- Accountability: We are responsible for our conduct and performance, both to ourselves and the community.
- Honesty: We will strive to be honest in all our actions.
This value statement was created by the officers of the Town of Summit Police Department in April 1993. We subscribe to these values today.